Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought in the owners manual it would give you an idea on how to adjust the shocks.

I know at the bottom of the shocks theres an and just meant for hard and soft. I assume thats compression but are both front and rear high and low speed adjustable?? If so is the other adjustment up on the reservoir?

I think the rear of my bike as to much sag, but that would be a spring adjustment right?

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (CarFanatic @ May 14 2008, 08:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8979
I thought in the owners manual it would give you an idea on how to adjust the shocks.

I know at the bottom of the shocks theres an and just meant for hard and soft. I assume thats compression but are both front and rear high and low speed adjustable?? If so is the other adjustment up on the reservoir?

I think the rear of my bike as to much sag, but that would be a spring adjustment right?
You should get the service manual, its has lots of detail around suspension.
Front compression 20 adjustment levels (clicks)
Rebound also 20 adj levels, on bottom of shock

Rear rebound (bottom of shock) 20 adj levels
High Speed on the top of shock, requires wrench to adj, total of 7 or 8 adj levels i think
Low Speed 20 adj, its the one on top in the mid, requires screw driver

Sag, good luck...most I could get was about 21% and thats with fully tightened spring..didnt work for me

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so on the front where is the compression adjustment, is it on the reservoirs?

Where can I get a service manual?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya I saw the hole in the seat. Figured thats what it was for. I assume I just use a scre driver like the settings on the bottom of the shock?

Where can I get a service manual?

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (jimmyjames1700 @ May 14 2008, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9006
Don't you take turns out of the spring collars, thus loosening the springs for more sag?
I thought so also but the stock it comes as soft as can be and I measured the sag, when I tighted up the spring it pushes the suspension higher but leaves less cushion, essentially it pushes up the rear end and increases the sag %.. (going down pushes the rear tire down and the seat up) but this actually reduces the travel because of how the stocker is set up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My terminology may be backwards..when i tightened my spring load, the sag went from roughly 20% to almost 21%...Either way it really it's difficult to get an optimal amount of sag..i spend much more time adjusting the compression & rebound for the different riding i do and left the sping load as is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I"m 155 lbs I thought the rear sag was a bit to much for me. The fronts were good for me, I just turned the bottom adjuster down on the shock to 2 clicks from full soft. feels good for trails

·
Registered
637 Posts
It seems like every time I go out i'm tweeking my rear suspension..my front is fine...i get bounced too much in the big whoops and it feels like its all from the rear...eventually im gonna get it revalved or bite the bullet and get a new rear shock..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts