Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALRIGHT JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE MECHANIC. IT WAS THE THROTTLE POSITIONING SENSOR. HE SAID IT WASN'T GETTING ENOUGH VOLTAGE TO IT AND WASN'T READING RIGHT. SO IF ANYONE HAS A 3/4 TO FULL THROTTLE BOG THIS WOULD BE SOMETHING TO LOOK AT!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (450CRACKA @ Apr 30 2008, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8509
Thanks for the update. Would it completely fall on it's face or just seem to hesitate.

COMPLETELY FALL ON ITS FACE. YOU WILL NO IT. IF THE BACKFIRE ISN'T ENOUGH, YOU COULD LINE UP NEXT TO A RIDING MOWER AND HE WOULD PROBABLY PULL ON YOU. ITS LIKE HITTING YOUR REV LIMIT W/ A BACKFIRE AND SPIT SPUTTER. REALLY SUCKS. THE PART IS AROUND 400.00 DOL. BUT WARRANTY GOT THE BILL.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ May 1 2008, 05:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8537
COMPLETELY FALL ON ITS FACE. YOU WILL NO IT. IF THE BACKFIRE ISN'T ENOUGH, YOU COULD LINE UP NEXT TO A RIDING MOWER AND HE WOULD PROBABLY PULL ON YOU. ITS LIKE HITTING YOUR REV LIMIT W/ A BACKFIRE AND SPIT SPUTTER. REALLY SUCKS. THE PART IS AROUND 400.00 DOL. BUT WARRANTY GOT THE BILL.
The good news is that it's covered by kawi, hopefully that won't happen again

·
Registered
109 Posts
When i had a problem i thought it was the TPS as well. because i tested it myself and the output voltage was bad, but the ealer tested the tps and then the ecu and it was the ecu that was bad. and warranty covered it too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (william @ May 1 2008, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8555
When i had a problem i thought it was the TPS as well. because i tested it myself and the output voltage was bad, but the ealer tested the tps and then the ecu and it was the ecu that was bad. and warranty covered it too.

well the dealer said the tps. are you saying it could be the ecu

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (texaskfx450 @ May 1 2008, 03:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8556
well the dealer said the tps. are you saying it could be the ecu
Well... I am not saying it couldnt be the tps but i would have the ecu checked out as well. the tps was just the cheapest and easiest thing to replace so i started there. and to get it replaced under warranty i took it to the dealer and they found that the ecu was bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (william @ May 1 2008, 04:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8560
Well... I am not saying it couldnt be the tps but i would have the ecu checked out as well. the tps was just the cheapest and easiest thing to replace so i started there. and to get it replaced under warranty i took it to the dealer and they found that the ecu was bad.

OK I TALKED WITH THE TECH WORKING ON MY BIKE AND HE SAID IT WAS THE TPS, AND IT PULLS HARD NOW JUST LIKE IT SHOULD. THANKS FOR THE INFO I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT A BUNCH. NOW I AM JUST SCARED TO PUT ALL MY AFTERMARKETS BACK ON...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think you should be fine if you put all your mods back on. They shouldnt change the voltage to the tps, so i think yuo could run the mods with no problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So has there been a repeat problem with the TPS. Is it a part that just fails or were they not set correctly from the factory?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts