Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing the big three today, and all I can say is WOW! The fit and finish of Fuel's intake is perfection. The mapp on Fuel's web site is very close, but its going to Inmotion next Wednesday for some Dyno time. I will post the results. I was how ever a little disapointed with the Dasa pipe. There are 3 round head allen drive screws that are used to bolt the Can on to the mid pipe. One of the holes in the flange is right where the pipe makes a tight bend. I had to grind some of the head off on the screw just so it would go in the hole. I think the pipe slipped in the jig when the flange was being welded on and the guy welding didnt care or didnt notice what had happened. At this point the pipe was the last thing to complete the job and I was determended to finish. Is there no clamp needed to secure the mid pipe to the head pipe? The power gains are very noticeable and I think worth the $1000.00 investment, and the sound it makes now, wow!! I am 49 years old and Its been a while sence I had a woody, but I had one today.
Thanks to everyone on here for there helpful hints on the instalation process. Took about 3 hours and went very smooth.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yea the bike wakes up with those upgrades..makes a big difference..I noticed the same about that tight area but I managed to get it through, i doubt i'll ever be able to get off the headpipe now! No clamp needed to connect the head & mid.. For sure the custom tune is the way to go, you'll be even happier once thats done! have fun riding!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
We are very glad that you are happy with the big 3!!! Thanks for the great post!

FuelATV
Danielle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts