Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what temp the thermostat is at or if there is one on this motor? i need to lower engine temps for cheep.... the one in my raptor is a 185..... ive also heard of cutting one of the spring coils to lower its opening temp

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just placed a Flex o lite electric fan thurmostat I got from Napa. I read it in another post. stock kicks in at 205 i think. this one is adjustible so I think I will try it at 195. These things sure like to run hot stock. Im hoping that a pipe and power comander and intake will help with cooling to.The install is easy If you want to do it I can help. $40 for the part at Napa.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Thumperpwr @ Jan 10 2008, 08:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5249
I just placed a Flex o lite electric fan thurmostat I got from Napa. I read it in another post. stock kicks in at 205 i think. this one is adjustible so I think I will try it at 195. These things sure like to run hot stock. Im hoping that a pipe and power comander and intake will help with cooling to.The install is easy If you want to do it I can help. $40 for the part at Napa.
your welcome
that was me....look at sig

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (Thumperpwr @ Jan 10 2008, 08:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5249

Mine runs much cooler which the new full exhaust, Fuel intake set-up and PCIII

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (Thumperpwr @ Jan 10 2008, 10:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5249
I was wondering if that thermostat fit well and how it works i wouldn't mind trying one out if it works well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (william @ Jan 17 2008, 02:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5414
I was wondering if that thermostat fit well and how it works i wouldn't mind trying one out if it works well.
this is actually a thermo switch (unlike the header says) that sences the radiator temp, and turns on the fan relay earlier

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (william @ Jan 18 2008, 07:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5440
I see, have you rode much since you got it? and do you notice any difference?
yes, bike runs a lot cooler according to the trailtech, as far as power, its hard to tell, but cooler temps always mean more power...to a point

1 - 8 of 8 Posts