Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day Im at the track and everything great the kfx is rippin and all of a sudden it just dies. So naturally I try to start it and it just cranks and cranks so I turn off the key then turn it on the fuel pump cycles and it just cranks over,over when it was cranking the FI light flashes on off on off on off. So I towed it back to the trailer and it just started right up!! We took off and it would just die and crank and start up then go for alittle bit and die what is the deal I have two kfx 450r and they have all the same parts the other one is perfect They have TWO BROTHERS full pipe and juice box fi tuner BCS intake all mod have made tremondous power and great quailty. so please help me fix this all help is greatly wanted

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
vehicle down sensor if you jump or roll over or anything that could shake the sensor the quad will shut off it happened to me the first day of riding after flipping it over, the same thing has been talked about on either this forum or the hq forum, after 15 minutes they said it reset itself and should work fine. not sure but its my guess, only trying to help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep, the FI indicator light flashing on and off while cranking is the turn over sensor. It cuts ignition and fuel when it trips. I think it is 75 degrees to the side or 90 degrees straight up and down. Turn the Key off and back on again and you should be good to go.

You should look into the mod, so it won't happen again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey kevin...I'm just getting into the whole kfx thing, but I had the exact problem with mine. Like everyone is already saying the rollover switch probably came loose. I found that if you turn everything off and hold the start button and then turn the key switch on it usually starts, but you have to keep giving it gas and start riding right away. Not that this is a fix, but it helped me out when I was stuck out in the middle of no where and need to do something to get back. But fixing it is the best thing. good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts