Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a certain way to run the throttle cable? I cant seem to keep the bike running at idle. If I get it right on the adjustment it seems to rev up or cut out as I turn the handlebars (max left and right). Also it dosnt seem to idle correctly as it is...if its idling and i rev it up real fast it will just die after it revs back down???

·
Registered
420 Posts
did you follow how it was ran before you replaced it?id say it goes down from your bars then under the gas tank then to the carb i can check mine in the am to be sure ow its routed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (ononewheel @ Jan 28 2009, 08:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15860
did you follow how it was ran before you replaced it?id say it goes down from your bars then under the gas tank then to the carb i can check mine in the am to be sure ow its routed!
Ya it pretty much is ran the same... it just seems to not be connected correctly or something?? if i adjust the idle by the thumb thorttle its fine until i go for a ride or turn the handlebars all the way to the left and right and just becomes unadjusted it seems to cut out again.... i noticed that it was kind of weird connecting it through the throttle housing is there some kind of adjustment that I didnt see?

·
Registered
420 Posts
QUOTE (punjab @ Jan 29 2009, 12:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15870
Ya it pretty much is ran the same... it just seems to not be connected correctly or something?? if i adjust the idle by the thumb thorttle its fine until i go for a ride or turn the handlebars all the way to the left and right and just becomes unadjusted it seems to cut out again.... i noticed that it was kind of weird connecting it through the throttle housing is there some kind of adjustment that I didnt see?
is there an adjustment nut on the cable that goes into the throttle body?it sound like you may have that adjusted out to far try turning the cable asembly in towards the throttle body then fine tune it w/ the adjustment at the thumb throttle!you should have a small amount of play in the cable!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts