Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read that you must calibrate the tps after installing the power commander3 any info on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (fastjunkie131 @ Mar 22 2008, 06:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7524
i have read that you must calibrate the tps after installing the power commander3 any info on this would be appreciated.
Some do some don't. If you have a hard time starting it after it gets hot-warmed up you probably need need to adjust it. There is a guy on the HQ site that has a post on how do do it. His user name is Moto1,you should be able to do a search for his post and find it.If you can't find it PM me and I will get it for you. He might have it on this site too,I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
When I took mine in to the dealer last time for service they had been told to bump the TPS voltage a bit. They did this and it starts way better then it ever has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
B)-->
<div class='quotemain'>
Some do some don't. If you have a hard time starting it after it gets hot-warmed up you probably need need to adjust it. There is a guy on the HQ site that has a post on how do do it. His user name is Moto1,you should be able to do a search for his post and find it.If you can't find it PM me and I will get it for you. He might have it on this site too,I don't know for sure.
[/quote] NOT TO SOUND STUPID BUT WHAT IS HQ I HAVE THIS PROBLEM

·
Registered
297 Posts
KFX450HQ dot com is the other site for KFX450 info

You need to adjust the TPS voltage to .64 up from the stock .59 to get the KFX to start correctly when hot.

If you search for moto1's post you can find some info on how to do this

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (fastjunkie131 @ Mar 22 2008, 02:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7524
If I read your post right, you are asking about the calibration using the Power Commander software? If this is the case then when connected to a PC, you can go into the Tools Menu option in the software and select Calibrate TPS.

Here is a blurb that I found that is a good read:

About the TPS adjustment -- it's just important to keep this set correctly, since the throttle position sensor is one of many sensors that feeds back a signal to the ECM. The ECM then takes into account the air temperature, throttle position, speed, gear position, and many other factors, before "calculating" the proper amount of air and fuel to spray through your injectors, to get the best power output. If the TPS were really badly off, the computer (ECM) might think you were only at 50% throttle opening, when in fact you had the throttle wide open 100% --- and you'd be wondering why you were getting no power response. It's really that simple -- you have to calibrate the TPS so that when your throttle is ALL the way open , your computer KNOWS that it's all the way open -- so it knows you want to go balls to the walls...

Adjusting the TPS is not like doing an engine mod where you should notice some improvement in performance --- under normal use, the TPS may just be off about a pubic hair or so. You won't likely notice the difference when you correct it. Rather than considering it a "mod", you should consider it good bike maintenance -- the same way that changing your oil really doesn't make the bike suddenly get more power, but it will help the bike run better overall in the long run.

PowerCommanderIII Tutorials
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommand..._downloads.aspx

Setting the TPS Tutorial
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommand...%20Throttle.swf

Good Luck,
Larry

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just had mine adjusted this past week, was out in the dunes and once it was hot, took forever to get it sarted back up...now with the adjustment it starts right up, even when blazing hot...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts