Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on my last few rides that it doesn't take long until my right thumb and forearm are burning with pain. Makes it almost impossible to hang onto the bars and keep my thumb on the throttle.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what did you do about it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (quadrider'73 @ Aug 3 2008, 07:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10702
I have noticed on my last few rides that it doesn't take long until my right thumb and forearm are burning with pain. Makes it almost impossible to hang onto the bars and keep my thumb on the throttle.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what did you do about it?

i dont have that problem. but you could always switch to a twist throttle.

·
Registered
111 Posts
First ride out on mine last year I had felt that way I attributed it to to things, one I had been riding my 350X mainly and it had a twist throttle and two the vibration. So I went with the flex bars some adjustments to my suspension and a steering stabilizer. Obviously I didn't do this all at once it was over time but it helped with the numbness in my thumb and now whether it is a 1:45 minutes at a XC race or 4 laps in a moto at the MX track the numbness and arm pump is drastically reduced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ Aug 3 2008, 08:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10709
First ride out on mine last year I had felt that way I attributed it to to things, one I had been riding my 350X mainly and it had a twist throttle and two the vibration. So I went with the flex bars some adjustments to my suspension and a steering stabilizer. Obviously I didn't do this all at once it was over time but it helped with the numbness in my thumb and now whether it is a 1:45 minutes at a XC race or 4 laps in a moto at the MX track the numbness and arm pump is drastically reduced.
work ur fore arms and it wont burn i go to the gym every other day and i dont get arme pump any more

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (quadrider'73 @ Aug 3 2008, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10702

I had alot of problems w/ my forearms until I got some of those Fasst brand brass anti-vibe inserts for the ends of my handlebars. Night & day difference. you will only really notice the difference at high RPM's or after a long day. have fun!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts