Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My aftermarket mechanic said that he thinks it s not worht porting for such little benefit. does anyone know what hp increase i will get by JUST getting cams.... and how much hp will i get if i port AND get cams/
BTW i have a 08 kfx450

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Feb 12 2009, 09:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16062
the kfx has one of the most restrictive heads out there right now. porting is a must. with out it this quad dont go anywhere.
really! well thanks. anyone with some hp increase estimates?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Id port it I think BCS told me about 4 HP or so for the port and polish and prolly 2-3 hp for the cams. But im not really sure.

Do you have a intake if not you will def want one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (masterp0606 @ Feb 12 2009, 09:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16065
Id port it I think BCS told me about 4 HP or so for the port and polish and prolly 2-3 hp for the cams. But im not really sure.

Do you have a intake if not you will def want one
I did a K&N intake. Is an intake pipe very important? after I did the intake i started reading about getting a bigger intake pipe but cant find JUST the pipe.... have to buy the whole setup?
Who is BCS?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Porting is what makes a motor what it is. Make sure you have someone who knows what there doing when porting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey mx and masterp.... what is your quads dynoing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't had mine dynoed yet but it should be about 48 or so right now. And the intake tube is very restricted if you take it off you will amazed as how they even run with that small of an intake its a joke. I would go with an FCI intake its makes about 4 hp over stock you can go to this web site.

http://www.fuelcustoms.com/shop/index.php?...d6803d0c6c81f2d

That is the link to the intakes and it is an awesome intake I went with the box version.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you want a few pics of the intake I can email them to you if you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (masterp0606 @ Feb 12 2009, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16075
ya I would like pics! So did I waste money by doing the k&n? Or can I just buy the box and intake pipe seperate?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (masterp0606 @ Feb 12 2009, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16075
masterp did u port? If you did your doing way better than 48hp.... I have a ti4 pro circuit slip on, k&n filter and that's it and I dyno 44.1hp!

·
Registered
49 Posts
No I haven't ported yet I hope to have about 55 or so when I change my cams again and get my head ported.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can get an LTR boot and modify your air box witch still wont get what the FCI will. or you can buy the FCI witch is a great mod for the bike. What is you email I will send you some pics

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
rage atv in texas did my motor. he has built some of the fastest motors out. Also hetrick has some of the fastest kawis out right now so look into them to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Feb 13 2009, 10:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16087
rage atv in texas did my motor. he has built some of the fastest motors out. Also hetrick has some of the fastest kawis out right now so look into them to.
thx walsh

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pics sent I had one in there of the stock intake beside the FCI but it was a little dark but you will get idea

1 - 20 of 24 Posts