Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to build a 60hp+ motor for my kfx whats it gonna take cams,piston ,port job what elseany ideas im trying to stay stock bore and stroke

·
Registered
285 Posts
QUOTE (hpfreek @ Aug 16 2008, 09:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11138
looking to build a 60hp+ motor for my kfx whats it gonna take cams,piston ,port job what elseany ideas im trying to stay stock bore and stroke
loose the trinity pipe and efi, go with the dasa or a drag pipe and PC3,,,,,FCI intake, 14.1 comp, good pro port, larger valves and big cams, also need to get yourself a ignition box (powercommander).....be lucky to do it on stock bore.....good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
a phone call to bcs performance or another engine builder it well also cost 2800-3500 if its done right make sure you put in a new rod or you just wasted 5 grand pm if you have some Q I well be posting some dyno pulls here soon I just sent a motor to dasa and it is making 51 and it was real hassel dealing with them I just sent out my other motor to bcs and have not recived it yet but very happy about the service so far
Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Aug 16 2008, 08:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11148
a phone call to bcs performance or another engine builder it well also cost 2800-3500 if its done right make sure you put in a new rod or you just wasted 5 grand pm if you have some Q I well be posting some dyno pulls here soon I just sent a motor to dasa and it is making 51 and it was real hassel dealing with them I just sent out my other motor to bcs and have not recived it yet but very happy about the service so far
Good luck
thanks but im a certified tech at a honda yamaha kawasaki dealer just lookin for the right parts only out side work will be port work

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just bought Cycle Chislock's kfx which has a fully built dasa motor, and they are claiming 58hp. It has the normal mods plus cams, 14.5:1 piston, ported head, bored out throttle body, etc. I am sure they put a little more effort into th emotor than you average person also being that he is a pro. So getting 60+ without a bore is stretching it in my opinion.

·
Registered
285 Posts
what is your reason, for staying stock bore.....u could go RPM MAX POWER 510 kit.....unless u need to stay stock bore for racing

·
Registered
36 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts