Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok sorry if i posted this in the wrong section but im fairly new in these parts (if its wrong ill delete it and put up somewhere else), anyway ive only got a month warranty left on my kfx and am wanting everything taken care of before it runs out but thats just it.....nothing has torn up on it (except the poor little swimgarm skid lol) for my first kawi im darn impressed, its sure not like my honda
, so i guess the last thing that may go wrong would be that tps thing i read about now, is there certain models that may need fixed like early ones or something? and is there a way that i can tell if mines messed up? all ive picked up readin so far is that the dealer can adjust and increase the voltage output of your battery making the kfx start quicker, am i close?, cause the only real problem i have with the battery is when i let it sit for like 4-5 days and pull it out the battery is a little slow...is this an indicator?

thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
Throttle Position Sensor...can't tell you exactly what it does but its real sensitive and if the voltage is off your bike may not start..stay away from it unless you know what you're doing..The battery issues is fairly common, i keep mine on a slow charger, others have replaced theirs. Sounds like your quad is in good shape given no major issues..hopefully it will always be that way!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The TPS reads how much the throtle is open and adjust the injector to squirt more fuel. So the more you get into the throttle the more fuel will spray. But like offroadhunter said it seems like your bike is running fine. I would not worry about it if i were you. IF enough of this problem occurs kawasaki is gonna have to have either a recall or something. But i thik your good for now. In my opinion "if it ain't broke, dont fix it"

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (william @ May 7 2008, 06:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8701
The TPS reads how much the throtle is open and adjust the injector to squirt more fuel. So the more you get into the throttle the more fuel will spray. But like offroadhunter said it seems like your bike is running fine. I would not worry about it if i were you. IF enough of this problem occurs kawasaki is gonna have to have either a recall or something. But i thik your good for now. In my opinion "if it ain't broke, dont fix it"
From the posts i've seen there's only been a handful of issues with this so it's probably just a freak thing that happens every so often

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the responses, and yeah if its not broke dont fix it, i thought all of the early models were supposed to have the problem or somethin but if mines running fine theres no use messin with it, now i can start focusing on the 3mods, besides my dealer probably wouldnt even know what im talking about ha ha, and what do people do about their battery? get a bigger one and it will last better and longer

so thanks again for the info

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah i have seen people switch to a trx450r battery its a lil bigger. Others just put a trickle charger on it when done riding, But i have not had to do anything to mine. I dont think everyone has to do something with their battery just some like the tps thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts