Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used wheel spacers? I don't race but I'd like the extra stability at higher speeds and was thinking about wheel spacers ...are they any good? do they enhance or hinder performance? any info would be great

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put spacers on my z400 worked fine.But i think if your going to be riding real hard your better off with axle and a arms.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wheel spacers for the rear work great for everything but hard landings. If you plan on running at high speeds I do not recomend wheel spacers for the front. They tend to cause alot more bump steer because of the wheel being so far off of the spindle. They also put alot of stress on the front spindles that may cause them to bend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Mar 18 2008, 10:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7405
Has anyone used wheel spacers? I don't race but I'd like the extra stability at higher speeds and was thinking about wheel spacers ...are they any good? do they enhance or hinder performance? any info would be great
i have wheel spacers (front and rear) on mine and i love it. it looks better and it corners better. i also have a stabilizer that i purchaced from alba so the bump steer is not an issue.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies...I'll probably start with my son's kfx 80 first and contemplate changing mine for a bit..The extra width would be nice though and I think the spacers are much chepaer than a new axle (and all other related costs)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts