Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i found the seat on the quad tech website, so which do i buy. I dont understand the difference in the seat kit hump, and the seat cover + foam +seat base.

·
Registered
70 Posts
quick question.. what does the hump do for you? was it designed to keep you from sliding back on the seat when racing or what? i'm considering getting a quadtech seat but i don't know which to get. i only ride sand so would the hump benefit me at all?

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (AdaM @ Jul 31 2008, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10631
quick question.. what does the hump do for you? was it designed to keep you from sliding back on the seat when racing or what? i'm considering getting a quadtech seat but i don't know which to get. i only ride sand so would the hump benefit me at all?
I ride sand do some XC and just started MX. I did not get the hump and don't think it would have been of much benefit to me, however the plus one foam is great. I believe the hump is just for what you said helping you from sliding back but to be honest that has never been an issue for me. My biggest problem has been that I always seem to end up on the tank. The gripper seat cover material they used has helped some with that.

Just my .02

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ Jul 31 2008, 08:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10634
I ride sand do some XC and just started MX. I did not get the hump and don't think it would have been of much benefit to me, however the plus one foam is great. I believe the hump is just for what you said helping you from sliding back but to be honest that has never been an issue for me. My biggest problem has been that I always seem to end up on the tank. The gripper seat cover material they used has helped some with that.

Just my .02
now did you get the rtr or just the cover and foam? if you got the cover and foam does that mean you reuse the stock base and staple the new cover on? it's just quite a price difference if you go with the rtr on their site when all you need to do is staple the new cover on

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got just the cover and foam and reused the stock base. I took it to a local ATV shop and they pulled the old off and put the new on and charged me $20. I kept the original cover and foam, I too couldn't justify the cost of the RTR version.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I rode on my quad tech seat for the first time on sunday in a race. I raced for 2.5 hrs the heat index was 105 degrees with 97% humidity and damn am I glad I bought that thing. I too only got the cover and foam but it definately saved my a$$!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts