Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to go with the HOT Rod Stroker KIt but they have been giving me the run around since the beginning of February and now they say there was a problem with the kit and they don't know when it will be available. SO... I was wondering what else was out there and what others opinions there are or what others had used. I was looking at Carrillo's, Walsh, and Falicons but still unsure. Help appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE (Conrad @ Mar 24 2009, 05:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16597
I was going to go with the HOT Rod Stroker KIt but they have been giving me the run around since the beginning of February and now they say there was a problem with the kit and they don't know when it will be available. SO... I was wondering what else was out there and what others opinions there are or what others had used. I was looking at Carrillo's, Walsh, and Falicons but still unsure. Help appreciated.
Go with a knifes edge crank and rod. There is no better bottem end setup out there. You will pay a little more than a hot rod setup but its deffinatly worth it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
if you want the best. carrillo rods are the best out there. Its what walsh and the factory pros are using currently. Cody gibson been going trough failcons like there nothing. carrillo is the best out there. Factory guys are running carrillo rods with a dlc wrist pin. But that can cost up to 500 in parts alone. Or you can get a carrillo rod with brass sleve for 300. Or call walshracecraft and nate will take care of you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please help answer me a question quick. I have been a yfz owner for a long time. i am going to the nationals this wk, and have a trade worked out on a kfx450r built for my built yfz. i am adding 1000$ to the pot for the deal. Ive been reading numerous post about crank failure, and the last pic i saw in the image section has me wanting to back out of the deal.
my yamahas ahve always been reliable, only problem is tranny related, and i can split cases my self and rebuild. I am now on a yfzR and racing it and liking it, but thought i mite give a kawi a whirl, and keep/sell it depending on how i like it. I dont want to rebuild the motor with a new crank every 10-20 hrs. i do 95% mx pro locally/tqra. so i will prob get biased opinions since this is a kawi site, but i am looking for honest feedback.

The motor has 3 rides on it. The oil has been changed after every ride. The motor is barely even broke in
heres the 08 bikes motor work
Motor:
High comp piston (13.8:1)
Carillo rod
Pro Circuit ported head (Chad Wienen's 09 race bike head)
Kick start kit
Web cams
BCS intake
Power commander 3
Pro Circuit T-4 full exhaust
Hinson Clutches

1 - 4 of 4 Posts