Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (CarFanatic @ May 12 2008, 07:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8879
Why do they come in different sizes whats the benefits?
The shorter one (13") makes a bit more power and is louder... The longer one makes less, but is a bit quieter... You take your pick and take your chances...

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (Rhino1 @ May 12 2008, 11:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8883
The shorter one (13") makes a bit more power and is louder... The longer one makes less, but is a bit quieter... You take your pick and take your chances...
Also I think the longer extends past the rear grab bar...that wouldnt work in mytrailer as the gate would hit it, also if it does and your wheelie gets a bit out of control it may wind up hitting the ground and get damaged

·
Registered
637 Posts
From Fuels write up:

"Dasa pipe - 16 inch standard version
Peak HP - 45.6
Max Torque - 33.25
103db at 3750 RPM"

"Dasa pipe - 13 inch CUSTOM FUELATV version 106db at 3750 RPM
Peak HP - 46.3
Max Torque - 33.25"

Looks like just under 1hp and about 3db less......I say as long as you don't mind the extra noise go with the shorty!

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ May 12 2008, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8884
Also I think the longer extends past the rear grab bar...that wouldnt work in mytrailer as the gate would hit it, also if it does and your wheelie gets a bit out of control it may wind up hitting the ground and get damaged
Yup--I really, really like the shorty, and it is nice and tuckep-up, out of the way. It is loud, but a nice, deep, loud!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The 16" one in the photos does not look like it sticks out past the grab bar but comes pretty close. I went with the 13" it is not as loud as I thought it would be but, just in case I bought the quiet core/spark arrestor. I have not put it in yet to see how loud it is installed.

Also I believe Dasa only sells the 16" that Fuel is having the 13" pipe cut down from the 16". Not sure on that but just what I think.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ May 13 2008, 04:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8954
The 16" one in the photos does not look like it sticks out past the grab bar but comes pretty close. I went with the 13" it is not as loud as I thought it would be but, just in case I bought the quiet core/spark arrestor. I have not put it in yet to see how loud it is installed.
It's too close for comfort for the likes of me..

·
Registered
56 Posts
i got the 16" 99 decibel one

And yes i know i burnt the can lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ May 14 2008, 07:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9001
Rare, howdya get that pic on here? I cant figure out how to upload pics on this site and its been making me crazy
Photobucket is what I use then just link to the photos. A lot of sites don't allow posting photos because showing them to all the visitors can suck up some bandwidth. There are other sites as well like flickr and such but I use photobucket. Once you upload the photos there you can paste there image link in your post and bam! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ May 15 2008, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9056
Photobucket is what I use then just link to the photos. A lot of sites don't allow posting photos because showing them to all the visitors can suck up some bandwidth. There are other sites as well like flickr and such but I use photobucket. Once you upload the photos there you can paste there image link in your post and bam! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Thanks! ill give it a try next time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.