Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Raptor 700r and the KFX450 I am 6'1 265lbs and worried that the 450 will be too small for me. I did sit on them both and make engine noises and the KFX felt better! The raptor felt a little bigger but not as good.

I know the KFX is faster but the guy at the store told me the 450 won't cruise as good at the rappy sometimes I get in tight trails but a lot of time is spent on fast dirt/gravel roads.

I LOVE the look of the KFX but I can get the rappy for $6100 Out the door and the KFX for $6600 oth the door. What should I do? I wanna ride both but the stupid stores where I live won;t let me test drive em...

Anyone have any experiance with both bikes? I love to power slide and haul balls, any input would be great!

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (Humboldt_G @ Apr 25 2008, 11:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8392
I like the Raptor 700r and the KFX450 I am 6'1 265lbs and worried that the 450 will be too small for me. I did sit on them both and make engine noises and the KFX felt better! The raptor felt a little bigger but not as good.

I know the KFX is faster but the guy at the store told me the 450 won't cruise as good at the rappy sometimes I get in tight trails but a lot of time is spent on fast dirt/gravel roads.
I LOVE the look of the KFX but I can get the rappy for $6100 Out the door and the KFX for $6600 oth the door. What should I do? I wanna ride both but the stupid stores where I live won;t let me test drive em...

Anyone have any experiance with both bikes? I love to power slide and haul balls, any input would be great!
You can try this link to the other forum, i don't think there's a right answer it truly depends on what you want out of the quad, I looked at both prior to buying the kfx and it was the right quad for me..Not sure if others here are in the same size category as you are but that's a definite factor..

http://kfx450hq.com/invision/index.php?sho...p;hl=raptor+700

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Apr 26 2008, 07:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8398
You can try this link to the other forum, i don't think there's a right answer it truly depends on what you want out of the quad, I looked at both prior to buying the kfx and it was the right quad for me..Not sure if others here are in the same size category as you are but that's a definite factor..

http://kfx450hq.com/invision/index.php?sho...p;hl=raptor+700
^^^^^ Thanks. I don't know what I wanna do now. I just need to ride them both. I like comfort and that seems to be the word that describes te raptor the best. I like that the Raptor is a littke more proven than you kawi.

·
Registered
285 Posts
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php
cant go wrong with the raptor..........all day riding comfort without the cronic MONKEY BUTT u get with the kfx............... the gearing on the kfx is very close ratio, great for mx, but not so much for desert........
the kawi suspersion sucks for desert riding........... IVE GOT BOTH QUADS THAT I RIDE REGULARLY.... pm me if u like

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Apr 26 2008, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8404
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php
cant go wrong with the raptor..........all day riding comfort without the cronic MONKEY BUTT u get with the kfx............... the gearing on the kfx is very close ratio, great for mx, but not so much for desert........
the kawi suspersion sucks for desert riding........... IVE GOT BOTH QUADS THAT I RIDE REGULARLY.... pm me if u like

Ya I checked out the Raptor forum its loaded with info. Now im leaning Raptor I'm such a big fella (260LBS.) that when I sat on the KFX it felt as if I bottomed out the suspension. It had a more racey feel to it but also a small feel. I won't be racing anyone anywhere so I really am not looking for the"fastest" quad your lines about "all day riding comfort" and "no monkey butt"is a huge plus!!!. I'm sure the raptor is gona be a powerhouse especially after I do the big 3. My last toy was a fully pumped 2001 CR250 dirt bike (2-stroke) but my last quad was an '86 zuki 230 quad sport (slow) but hell I was like 13 when I had that. Thanks for your info!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Raptor is best bet I would think for someone that big. I am 182 and i can bottom the 450 out on a few small jumps but then i have yet to really set it up since i want elkas anyway. But once i get back from iraq i can , eerr umm if the wife lets me spend money anyway. Oh and by the way, fuel!, I do not have you intake yet but that map you have out make my power come on way early and love the hell out of it, thx for the thing s you do for this quad. Running fmf 4.1 air lid off and 992 feet works great. you rock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (TexasKFX @ Apr 27 2008, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8426
Raptor is best bet I would think for someone that big. I am 182 and i can bottom the 450 out on a few small jumps but then i have yet to really set it up since i want elkas anyway. But once i get back from iraq i can , eerr umm if the wife lets me spend money anyway. Oh and by the way, fuel!, I do not have you intake yet but that map you have out make my power come on way early and love the hell out of it, thx for the thing s you do for this quad. Running fmf 4.1 air lid off and 992 feet works great. you rock
Iraq??? Are you a Soldier???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (TexasKFX @ Apr 28 2008, 07:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8459
Yes i am. Im stuck here at fort hood for a little longer
Well Sir, I would like to Thank You for your service to our great country. Its brave men like yourself that keep this counrty free for us to do as we wish (within the law of course). I don't get enough opportunities to thanks a person in service to our country so on behalf of myslef and my family Thank You for all you do!!!!!

P.S. I hope you get to ride your azz of when you can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thank you humboldt. Also, had a frien with a kfx 700 didnt like that is was auto. he thought it didnt work well for the hilly area we have in places here. But then we have real tight trails that is some places i have to power through where my old 400 would go no probs.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (TexasKFX @ Apr 29 2008, 04:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8480
thank you humboldt. Also, had a frien with a kfx 700 didnt like that is was auto. he thought it didnt work well for the hilly area we have in places here. But then we have real tight trails that is some places i have to power through where my old 400 would go no probs.
Either way the new wheels should be able to help you muscle through those trails hopefully more than the 400 did

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have not rode the Raptor 700 (just the 660) which my uncle bought when I got my 400 and the things we didn't like even more so for trails was that there to tall and heavy. Makes it difficult to throw around on the trails. I'm 250 myself. Good luck and have fun!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (450CRACKA @ May 1 2008, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8547
I have not rode the Raptor 700 (just the 660) which my uncle bought when I got my 400 and the things we didn't like even more so for trails was that there to tall and heavy. Makes it difficult to throw around on the trails. I'm 250 myself. Good luck and have fun!!
That's one of the multiple reasons I went with the kfx...it's lighter (think about 50lbs) and i'm only weighing in at 165lbs myself, i didnt want the extra weight underneath me given I weigh as much as a feather

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a friend of 6' 4" with the same dilema, at the end he finish with a banshee, it was the best fit for him. He tried raptor, but it was to tiny for him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey man im 6'2", 255lb and i got a kfx450r, i track and trail ride and im in some farmboy class MX and hairpin races. my quad runs great, easy to throw around and isnt too small at all. bein a bigger guy it makes it easier to swing it around and really dig into what youre riding....kfx450r ftw!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts