Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a new kfx450r, but i ride enduro in the woods and on rocky hills. My uncle had a raptor 350 and broke joints and bent arms about everytime we went out. How will the kxf450r hold up. I ride a kx450f right now and im trying to convert to a 4wheeler . can any fill me in.
thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
i ride on hard packed dirt through woods trails rock hill climbs sticks everywhere and everything is holding up really well. Just get skid plates and everything will be fine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I XC race it with rocks, tree roots and you name it. No problems here yet. I have chassis and swing arm skids but not skids for my a-arms yet.

I have bounced off a tree or 2 and smacked some pretty nice size rocks and everyhting is still in good shape. It should be fine for you once you put some skids on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (raredirt @ Apr 24 2008, 11:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8364
I XC race it with rocks, tree roots and you name it. No problems here yet. I have chassis and swing arm skids but not skids for my a-arms yet.

I have bounced off a tree or 2 and smacked some pretty nice size rocks and everyhting is still in good shape. It should be fine for you once you put some skids on.
Where can i get a set of skid plates that with cover pretty much everything.
thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (kxf450tough @ Apr 24 2008, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8366
Where can i get a set of skid plates that with cover pretty much everything.
thanks
You'll want swing arm and chasis at the least, I have PRM swing arm and pro arm for the chasis/frame, got them both from rockymountainatv...If you have some extra money get the skid for a-arms also....)the stock skids are garbage)

·
Registered
35 Posts
i ride like a bat out of hell on the powerlines and alot of rocky trails and my kfx450 holds up better than any other atv ive had, just need skids because i smashed my plastic on the fist day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts