Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my quad after the powdercoating was completed. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took me about a month to do. That was just working on it at night after the wife and kid went to sleep. I also had to wait until Christmas because my wife had the family ordering parts for me. All in all, it took about 20 hours to take it apart and put it back together. It was also a good opportunity to lube things up and check for cracks, loose bolts and so on.

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (kett18 @ Jan 4 2008, 11:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5086
I took me about a month to do. That was just working on it at night after the wife and kid went to sleep. I also had to wait until Christmas because my wife had the family ordering parts for me. All in all, it took about 20 hours to take it apart and put it back together. It was also a good opportunity to lube things up and check for cracks, loose bolts and so on.
Did you find any cracks, loose bolts and so on? And it looks great too.

Larry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't find any cracks. A couple of loose bolts but nothing major. I did find a bent bracket for my plastics and a broken front headlight but that was from a time when I may have rolled it (if nobody saw it happen, it doesn't count right?). There were a couple of spots where the bolts stripped out on the subframe but again, nothing major.

The ASV lever thing sucks. I'm waiting on a call back from them in the next couple of weeks to get the right part. It looks pretty stupid with the silver stocker on there and a black clutch lever. Also, if your interested, the ASV levers are worth the money. Just wait a bit until they actually have the right parts available.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts